The GB Boxing Awards Programme
The GB Boxing Tutor course is an England Boxing accredited non-contact boxing programme, delivered over one day and is recommended for Teachers, Youth Workers, Personal trainers, students and people of all abilities wanting to get on the boxing coaching ladder.
This course teaches all basic levels required to achieve a successful course outcome and has no specific prerequisites. Previous experience in boxing is beneficial but not essential however, a few boxing sessions in your local club prior to attending the course could help you settle in easily.
To provide you the best quality training, participants will be assessed throughout the course. A pass/fail grading system will be given on completion of the course. If you do fail for some unfortunate reason, you will be invited back to redo the course within the year for free.
The boxing tutor course is ideal for student (14+) and teacher alike and importantly, teachers who qualify are then authorised, registered and insured to deliver the Boxing Awards non-contact programme. The Boxing Awards can also be used to support ASDAN GCSEPE, BTEC, Duke of Edinburgh’s Award and The Prince’s Trust Award. School students who complete the course can be considered to assist the teacher in his/her delivery of the Boxing Awards Programme this in itself, provides an innovative way of engaging students constructively in assisting both the teacher and their peer-group alike.
Any coaches with a Level 2 qualification in another sport who qualifies at this course may freely deliver the Boxing Awards Programme in any setting.
The cost of the course is £100 which covers the following course resources.
1 x Student Booklet non-contact pack
1 x Boxing Tutor guide
1 x Coaching booklet non-contact ( 24 Lesson plans)
1 x Boxing Tutor DVD (fun & games and Boxing drills)
1 x Boxing Tutor Completion Certificate (if you pass)
After course completion you will be eligible to register with England Boxing as a Boxing Tutor.
On Successful Completion
- You will be eligible to be fully registered with the National Governing Body (NGB) of Olympic style boxing “England Boxing” EB as a Boxing Tutor.
- You will be fully insured by England Boxing in the sum of £5m whilst participating as a Boxing Tutor.
- You will be eligible to apply for Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Disclosure permitting you to work with children and young people and, if appropriate, Vulnerable Adults (A requirement of England Boxing):
- You will receive a Certificate of successful completion of the course.
- You will receive a NGB Boxing Tutor Registration booklet.
- You will be eligible to register with England Boxing and carry out all the duties of a Boxing Tutor.
- You may also deliver the GB Boxing Awards programme in the club if a Level 2 coach is present
- You may also deliver the GB Boxing Awards Programme in a school if a teacher is present.
- Once qualified, all participants can deliver the GB Boxing Tutor non-contact programme as outlined, there will be a requirement for the student / boxer who is neither a teacher or currently a Level 2 coach in ‘any’ other sport to be supervised by a Level 2 boxing coach or, in schools, by a teacher or Level 2 coach if they wish to deliver the programme.
What to do if you fail the Boxing Tutor Course?
If you fail the course, you may not immediately act as a Boxing Tutor however, you may be graded as a ‘Conditional Pass’ which requires the student to carry out agreed work programmes in order to achieve a pass-mark before certification can take place and you may then assume the role of a Boxing Tutor. Subsequently assessment for ‘Provisional Passes’ are carried out by locally appointed assessors or during other Boxing Tutor courses.
A). Boxing Awards recommended equipment, can be obtained at discounted price from the Boxing Awards website. Go to our Order Forms section and choose from our lists of order forms available. The recommended gloves for the participants taking the awards are listed on the form.
Skipping Ropes, log on to British Heart Foundation website www.bhf.org.uk. Order skipping ropes online at a very good price.
A). Yes. Ensure you have insurance cover prior to delivering the awards log ontowww.sportscoachuk.org or ring 01132 907612 for further information.
You will also need to be First Aid Qualified prior to delivering the boxing awards. The one day first aide courses are taught all over the country www.redcross.org.uk.